An awesome dad:
- Someone who shows empathy both within his family and to those outside
- Assumes the child is doing the best with what they have. Even when throwing a tantrum. They aren’t trying to manipulate us any more or less than you try to manipulate your spouse when you want the nice new set of tools. Think about it.
- Models what it means to accept every human where they are at
- Has a growth mindset and is constantly encouraging lifelong learning
- Helps the child learn about the world via coaching and guiding, not through shame, guilt and punishment
- Plays with his kids
There it is. Six easy bullets to awesome dads. What would you add?